I am just coming from checking trails again and with the steady rain, the trails are melting out in the low areas. I put my arm in the hat and I am not pulling any Rabbits out! We are closed for skiing for the season. It is with deep remorse that we close. It was a great winter with all the challenges we had with late snow, COVID precautions, 2 weeks of cold, but we provided some great skiing and are happy to have made in into our year 27th year Thank you all for your support. Season passes and lodging for next year is available over the phone.
Check out our Non Profit Foundation “Anderson Bluffs and River Trails Foundation” for the evolution of ABR Trails. The Foundations vision is to : “SUSTAIN ABR LEGACY AS THE THE MIDWESTS PREMIER NORDIC SKI DESTINATION FOR GENERARATIONS TO COME AND CONNECT ABR TRAILS TO THE LARGER COMMUNITY” We had our first event 2 weeks ago as project connect, a relay from ABR to the southern extremes and then back thru ABR, to the Woodward Trail and Miners Memorial Heritage Park and on to Wolverine and the Iron Belle Trail
We had 5 skiers out this morning , at 10 AM it started to rain. There is still snow on the trails, and the River is rising. We need to see the outcome from tonight and the Thursday morning weather events and temps to see if we can groom and ski Friday, Thursday skiing does not look good, stay tuned for Thursday afternoon reports for skiing on Friday. We are open Thursday with expected poor to fair conditions. If we are able to groom Friday AM we are back to decent conditions.
I taking my second day off from grooming in 21 days; feels a bit strange. I checked the trails this morning and with the warm temps I decided to stay off of them today no grooming. I see “Rain” is forecast today, hopefully it turns to snow so we can groom again. Trails are still open for skiing.
I went out witht PB and tilled up about 10 km of the main trails, then I let the sun do the rest . All surfaces are skiable now. Coverage is still good, get out and enjoy the nice temps and snow. I plan to run the PB again in the morning since it looks like it is going to freeze again tonight.