We picked up a inch plus of a heavy wet snow, we groomed 17 km of trails and tracked 14 km. The base is thin but very skiable. We are open for skiing today Thursday.
We will be closed again for skiing Thursday and plan to re-open at noon Friday providing the forecast 3-8 inches of snow arrives. The trails mostly still have a base that is skiable with a bit of new snow on top to groom.
The weather was again mild and after checking the trails they did hold up fairly well today. The River is rising but the higher trails are holding a thin layer of solid base. We are not able to reopen for safe fun skiing until it gets colder and snows. It looks like Thursday or Friday the forecast will allow us to re-groom and reopen for safe , fun, skiing. We keep the website updated daily. Sorry we can not always answer the phone. We are closed for snowshoeing and skiing Wednesday.
We are going to close the ski trails Feb 21-22, 2017/Tuesday and Wednesday due to the rain and unsafe and variable conditions. This is very unusual for ABR to close the trails during the main season. We make this announcement early in the evening so that traveling skiers can amend their ski plans for the next 2 days. We hope to reopen for Thursday, stay tuned. We still have the trails snow covered!
We groomed the 31 km this morning and we had a busy morning of skiing. The rain started at 2 PM and it is still raining. We are planning to be open at 9 AM for skiing but we will need to wake up and see what it looks like. So far we have been grooming daily to have good spring conditions. I will update again in the AM about 8-9 AM after going out on the trails.